Sunday 22 April 2012

Palolem paradise .... it's a tough life

Sitting on my deck, feet propped on the side of a palm tree relaxing before I head out for dinner with new friends. This place is a million miles from the amazing but bustling (and dirty) places I visited in the north.


Don't get me wrong, there is still dirt in the towns and loads of rubbish around the back of some places - I'm in India, but rather than my feet black from the dust every night I have sand covering my toes.

The regular visitors to Goa say this is india for beginners. That's a good way to describe it.




And I know there are rats arounds because I've seen the staff set cages, but I'm trying to ignore that. Actually the guys at my huts say they never catch any and look very disappointed - not sure if thats the truth but I'll believe them for now.

It's coming up to monsoon season so it is hot, really hot. Earlier this week I was wondering if I would ever feel cool again. Then I worked out how to turn the hot water off in my hut and today there is a slightly cool breeze. It didn't last long but it was a welcome relief.

The days have been spent walking on the beach, swimming and reading on my sun lounge or relaxing on the swinging day beds. Oh, and being chased by 3 dogs as I was walking home along the beach when the power went out. Thought I was going to have to practice a bit of muay Thai on them. Luckily someone let off some fireworks which sent them running away scared.








Sunsets on the beach are stunning.






Mango pineapple watermelon coconut. No comma as my fruit man strings these words together continually. But his pineapple is fab.





My last view of Palolem beach before taking on a big travel day. It's nearly the end of the season so the beach is getting quite. Wish I could stay.... but I know for sure that one day I will be back.


- Posted from somewhere round the world...

1 comment:

  1. The dogs just wanted to be your friend! If you had a nice doggy friend, then the rats wouldn't nibble your toes while you slept!!!

    ReplyDelete