Friday 30 November 2012

Hola Mexico City

If you listen to the media reports and to many (typically non backpacking travellers Mexico City is a very dangerous place. So I was a little wary about this city. I was joining an intrepid tour through the country but had a day to myself first. I headed out bright and early to see what the city had to offer.

Mexico City, the biggest city in North America is amazing. Not only did I feel safe wandering the streets, the locals are so friendly and the street food is amazing.

I checked out the street art, sculptures and random weird people. Wandering around the packed central square was a feast on the senses and also a bit humorous.







 


 


 




I headed to the 37th floor of some building and checked out this enormous city, it goes on forever.



It was a Mexican long weekend so the day I headed south to Belles Artes to have a boat ride it was jam packed. So many Mexican families had turned their boats into mobile parties, complete with mariachi bands. The numerous river vendors were selling everything you could think of, and a few things you would never contemplate.








 
 
My time in Mexico City was so much fun ...  hanging out with a mariachi band, kicking police shields, margaritas and a tequila shot or two. And fab travel buddies. By the time we left Mexico City it felt like we'd known each other for years.
 





 I love Mexico City ..... can't wait to see what else this country has to offer.


Mexico City photos
Mexico - Mexico city

1 comment:

  1. Was your bed in Mexico City comfortable because you had an UNDERLAY, UNDERLAY. You have to say that in a Speedy Gonzales voice for it to be funny.

    ReplyDelete